Humiliating twist in NBA star Jaylen Brown’s dispute with Beverly Hills after police shut down party

- Advertisement -

The city of Beverly Hills has apologized to Jaylen Brown and admitted it released ‘inaccurate’ information about the NBA player’s All-Star event that was shut down.

The Boston Celtics icon hosted a function at the home of Oakley founder Jim Jannard on the eve of this month’s NBA All-Star Game. It was supposed to help promote his performance brand, 741. 

But the event was shut down by police, with Beverly Hills claiming organizers had been denied a permit ‘due to previous violations associated with events at the address.’ 

‘Despite the fact that the permit was denied, organizers still chose to proceed with inviting hundreds of guests knowing that it was not allowed to occur,’ a statement read.

Brown disputed that version of events, claiming they never applied for a permit and that he was ‘offended’ by the statement put out by the city.

Now Beverly Hills has been forced into a humiliating climbdown after an ‘internal review’ found it had previously published ‘inaccurate information.’

The City Of Beverly Hills Has Apologized To Jaylen Brown After His Event Was Shut Down

The City of Beverly Hills has apologized to Jaylen Brown after his event was shut down

Jaylen Brown
Jim Jannard

The Boston Celtics icon hosted a function at the home of Oakley founder Jim Jannard (R)

In a statement on Thursday, the city said it ‘would like to correct information related to an event… involving NBA All-Star Jaylen Brown and the Jannard family.’

‘Upon further internal review, the City has determined that its prior public communication contained inaccurate information. 

‘Specifically, no permit application was submitted nor denied for the event and the residence does not have any prior related violations on record. The City takes full accountability for the internal error that resulted in the inaccurate statement being distributed and is working to ensure it does not happen again.’

City manager Nancy Hunt-Coffey said the previous statement ‘was inaccurate, and on behalf of the City, I would like to apologize to Jaylen Brown and the Jannard family.’

Hunt-Coffey claimed the event was shut down after ‘staff observed circumstances that are believed to be City code violations.’ Beverly Hills also said it ‘commits to explore opportunities for collaboration with the Jannard family and Jaylen Brown on future community-focused events.’

The statement comes just days after Brown slammed the city for their previous statement which suggested ‘we applied for something and didn´t get it, and we did it anyway (and) we were insubordinate.’

He added: ‘I know how to follow the rules. I’m smart enough to follow the guidelines.’


- Advertisement -

Related articles

Share article

Latest articles

Newsletter

Subscribe to stay updated.